Blueberry GranitaRecipe posted in: Snack
As a more grownup version of shaved ice, this Blueberry Granita brings the ice cream man right to your kitchen. Delight in each spoonful of a treat that is not only, yummy, refreshing and bursting with blueberries, but also kind to your beach bod. While other desserts are packed with heavy syrups or saturated fat, this recipe incorporates real, whole berries with sugar substitutes to avoid any post-dessert remorse.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 0.5 Fruit
- 1 Extras
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon, peeled and juiced
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- 1/2 cup low-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the water and sugar substitute. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the blueberries, lemon peel, lemon juice and cooled syrup. Pulse for 2 minutes, or until the blueberries are coarsely ground. Pour into a small metal bowl and stir a few times with a fork to break up any large pieces. Cover the bowl with foil and place in the freezer overnight.
- Spoon into 6 serving glasses, garnish with a lemon twist and top with the whipped topping, if using.