Lean Collard Green Machine Breakfast WrapRecipe posted in: Breakfast
The classic breakfast wrap is a surefire way to get your greens and start looking amazingly lean. Our recipes for this Lean Collard Green Machine Breakfast Wrap is the perfect combination of egg, cheese and avocado. It’s sure to fill you up with all the right healthy fats and protein to take on the day—even the most dreadful Mondays! This warm breakfast is a feel-good start to the morning and an absolute launching pad for your beach body diet.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 slice Roma tomato
- ½ Tbsp. onion, sliced
- 1 large collard green leaf (which is about 1 cup or 1.3 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. almond milk, unsweetened
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. or 1/2 oz. mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. mild salsa
- Prepare vegetables by cutting avocado, tomato and onion into slices and save them for later.
- Find a sturdy collard green leaf, free of any holes or tears, then wash and dry it well. Place the leaf on a cutting board, cut off the white portion of the stalk that has no leafy greens attached to it and then carefully shave the thick middle stem down until it’s flat (about the same thickness as the rest of the leaf). Make sure not to cut or tear the leaf portion with your knife. Note: Do not skip this step. Otherwise, the wrap will not roll properly and collard may snap when rolling.
- Place leaf on a microwave-safe plate and put it in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds or until the leaf is bright green, soft and pliable. Note: you can also blanch the collards in boiling water, but the microwave achieves the same effect in much less time.
- Whisk together egg and almond milk. Spray frying pan with one to two sprays of nonstick cooking spray and scramble the egg mixture. Sprinkle it with shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of choice when the egg is just about finished. Note: cheese is optional as you may save a quarter of a serving of Lean Protein for use at another meal or snack.
- Assemble collard green wrap by placing eggs at the center of the leaf and piling on tomato, onion and salsa. Finish it with avocado slices. Note: it is important to save the avocado for last, as it will help the wrap stick together and fold properly.
- Wrap your collard green like a burrito, flipping the sides up, tucking them in and rolling as you fold in any stray corners that pop out along the way.
- Cut your wrap in half and enjoy!