Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Power BowlRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Low carb, filled with flavor and easy to make—this recipe is a dieter’s dream. Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Power Bowl packs in the protein with succulent shrimp and fills you up with nutritious veggies. If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that will leave you feeling fully satisfied, then this is the dish for you.
Coat deveined and peeled shrimp with chili powder in a mixing bowl. Blend cumin, white wine vinegar, veggie stock, cilantro, garlic, pepper and lime juice. Once the mixture had created a dressing-like consistency, mix into cauliflower rice. Sautee diced onions and beans on low and add extra virgin olive oil to cook the shrimp. In a bowl, layer the cilantro lime cauliflower, black beans and cooked shrimp.
With a burst of zest from lime and an array of flavors from the homemade dressing, this recipe is certain to become a menu-regular.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 3 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup no salt added black beans
- 1 head cauliflower, riced in a blender
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium veggie stock
- 1/2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a small bowl place shrimp and chill powder. Mix well making sure shrimp is coated evenly. Let sit.
- In a blender, place cumin, white wine vinegar, veggie stock, cilantro, garlic, pepper, and lime juice. Blend.
- In a non-stick pan place riced cauliflower and heat on low. Add the cilantro lime dressing and mix.
- In another small sauce pan add diced onions and beans and heat on low.
- When cauliflower rice and beans are heated add the EVOO to a pan and cook the shrimp on each side until pink all the way through.
- In the bowl, place 3/4 cup of the cilantro lime cauliflower rice, 1/2 cup black beans mixture & cooked shrimp on top. Enjoy!