California SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
We don’t mean to sound cheesy, but we have the perfect recipe for you! This California Salad is perfect for the cheddar cheese-lovers out there. It combines Protein, Healthy Fat and of course, Veggies, all to make you feel as though you’re dining underneath the California (or South Beach!) sunshine.
The best part about this salad—it’s super simple and super tasty. It will satisfy your hunger and cheese cravings all in one simple dish. What more could you ask for?
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 3 Vegetables
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup green and red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- Lime juice
- On medium high, cook chicken breast on stove top for 10-12 minutes on each side (until golden brown).
- Finely chop red and green pepper, and red onion.
- Shred cheddar cheese.
- Slice avocado.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spring mix, chicken, tomatoes, pepper, onion and avocado.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Add fresh lime juice (to taste).