Simple Baked HalibutRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Halibut is so versatile, the possibilities are endless in making this fish into a mouthwatering dish. But when you make our Simple Baked Halibut recipe, which is complete with a tapenade topping, it is certain to become your go-to for seafood night.
With a few simple ingredients including extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, diced tomatoes, olive tapenade and halibut filets, you’ll create a Simple Baked Halibut thanks to some simple parchment paper and kitchen string. Add this protein-packed meal to your DIY dinner menu for a tasty seafood dish that will become a family favorite.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 4 tsp. olive tapenade (from a jar)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (15-inch-square) pieces parchment paper
- 4 (8-inch) pieces kitchen string
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven and heat to 425°F.
- Place oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine. Divide tomato equally onto the center of each piece of parchment paper; season with salt and pepper. Season halibut lightly on both sides with salt and pepper; place 1 piece on top of each mound of tomatoes. Spread 1 teaspoon of tapenade on top of each piece of fish, then drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice mixture. Gather up sides of parchment over fish (one at a time) and tie each piece closed with kitchen string, leaving as much air inside the packets and around the fish as possible.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake until fish is cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes (you can open one of the packets to check for doneness). Transfer packets to plates and serve, snipping string and opening at the table.