Angel Meringue PieRecipe posted in: Snack
This light and airy Angel Meringue Pie will satisfy your sweet cravings without sacrificing your slim-down success. With just a few basic ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll be digging into a new fruity favorite. This meringue recipe is soon to be a staple in your dessert repertoire!
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Protein
- 3 Extras
- 5 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely ground walnuts
- 1 cup low-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries, sliced, for garnish
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 275°F
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually sprinkle in the cream of tartar and then the confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat until shiny peaks form. Fold in the walnuts. Form the mixture into a 7" circle on the parchment paper.
- Form the mixture into a 7" circle on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until light golden. Turn off the oven and let the meringue cool with the door open. Remove from the parchment and store in an airtight container or place on a serving plate. Top with the whipped topping and garnish with the strawberries and mint.