Veggie Egg WrapRecipe posted in: Breakfast
What better way to start your morning than with a hearty and delicious Veggie Egg Wrap? This recipe packs in the flavor with just a few simple ingredients.
Complete with avocado, this hearty egg breakfast is just as delicious as it is easy to make. Whip up this recipe for a quick and healthy meal to grab on your way out the door in the morning!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. bell peppers, diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. yellow onion, diced
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 1 large egg
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp. almond milk, unsweetened
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. or 1/2 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and almond milk.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and scramble the egg mixture. Once cooked through, top with mozzarella cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Place lettuce leaf on a cutting board.
- Fill lettuce leaf with the cheesey egg mixture and top it with tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, basil and avocado slices.
- Wrap lettuce leaf around the filling like a burrito, flipping the sides up, tucking them in and rolling as you fold in any stray corners that pop out along the way.