Breadless Ham and Cheese SandwichRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Looking for a low-carb sandwich? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you try! This Breadless Ham and Cheese Sandwich keeps the cheese, meat and veggies, and ditches the bread.
Fill yourself up the healthy way with this low carb, hearty Ham and Cheese Sandwich that can be whipped up with five ingredients and three simple steps.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 sandwich)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.25 Protein
- .5 Vegetables
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 4 tsp. coarse-grain mustard
- 2 oz. sliced smoked ham, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 roasted red pepper halves (from a jar)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using 2 Tbsp. for each, sprinkle the cheese into 8 mounds on the baking sheet. Spread each mound out into a 3-inch round. Bake for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and spread slightly. Remove from the oven and let stand on the baking sheet until the cheese sets, about 2 minutes.
- Using a thin-bladed metal spatula, lift the rounds off the baking sheet. Brush the smooth side of each round with mustard. Top each of 4 rounds with 1 piece of ham, a red pepper, another piece of ham and one-fourth of the onion. Top with remaining cheese rounds, mustard side down and serve warm.