Ham and Cheese PaniniRecipe posted in: Breakfast
A Ham and Cheese Panini that is also diet-friendly? Who could say no!
Turn traditional breakfast on its head with a fast-cooking sandwich that leaves the bread behind. Instead, take your morning protein count up a notch with homemade cheese crisps. And, while the ingredients list calls for ham and cheddar, you can feel free to get even more creative by subbing Parmesan or Canadian bacon.
This Ham and Cheese Panini is a total flavor bomb for your taste buds!
Become the healthiest version of you with delicious food delivered directly to your door! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.25 Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 4 tsp. coarse-grain mustard
- 2 oz. sliced smoked ham, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 roasted red pepper halves (from a jar)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using 2 Tbsp. for each, sprinkle the cheese into 8 mounds on the baking sheet. Spread each mound out into a 3-inch round. Bake for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and spread slightly. Remove from the oven and let stand on the baking sheet until the cheese sets, about 2 minutes.
- Using a thin-bladed metal spatula, lift the rounds off the baking sheet. Brush the smooth side of each round with mustard. Top each of 4 rounds with 1 piece of ham, a red pepper, another piece of ham and one-fourth of the onion. Top with remaining cheese rounds, mustard side down and serve warm.