New! South Beach Vita Packs and Heart Health SupplementsArticle posted in: South Beach Diet
There are two things you can do today to nourish your body and stay healthy: Eat a balanced diet and fill in any dietary gaps with vitamins and minerals.
Despite the abundance of food in our great country, there are plenty of people who aren’t getting the nutrients they really need. In fact, a 2015 Journal of the American College of Nutrition study found that more than 40 percent of adults are deficient in vitamins A, C, D, E, calcium and magnesium, and obese adults had about five percent to 12 percent lower intakes of micronutrients and higher nutrient inadequacy.
Eating a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, lean proteins and healthy fats (which is what South Beach Diet recommends) is an excellent way to replenish your body of the nutrients it needs to function and thrive. But you can also give your body a hand by taking minerals, like chromium, that support weight loss.
Enter South Beach Diet Vita Packs: A complete system of supplements created to provide important nutrients specific to your weight loss journey while following the South Beach Diet Program.
Each pack contains five pills:
Both the men’s and women’s formulas include 16 vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A and C to support immunity. Plus, the multivitamins include choline, CoQ10 for heart function and cellular energy, and biotin for healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Women’s Vita Packs contain folate, which is essential for women of childbearing age because it helps prevent spine and brain birth defects. Folate also is vital for new cell creation and also may reduce the risk of heart disease, according to Harvard Health.
- Men’s Vita Packs contain lycopene, which, according to Nutrition and Cancer, contributes to prostate health and may lower the risk of prostate cancer. Harvard Health notes lycopene keeps eyes, tissues and skin healthy and is important for bone growth and immunity.
Weight Management (Two Pills)
These packs also contain calcium, which may boost metabolism while building strong bones and teeth; magnesium, which keeps keeping your muscles, arteries, heart and cells working properly; and probiotics, which supports immune healthy and promotes the growth of beneficial gut microflora.
Chromium Picolinate is also included, which, according to the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews: Plain Language Summaries, is essential for digestion. Without chromium, your body can’t break down the food you eat into molecules that your body can absorb. If you’re dieting, you don’t want to be low on this essential trace element which can promote and support weight control, support weight management, help reduce body fat and preserve lean muscle mass.
D3: Vitamin D “the sunshine vitamin” helps absorb calcium, promotes bone growth, and also supports immune health. Some evidence published in the Journal of Endocrinal Metabolism also suggests that getting enough vitamin D could enhance weight loss and decrease body fat. Many people don’t enough vitamin D, which is why Vita Packs contain 2000 IU to reach healthy D blood levels.
Omega-3: Omega-3s are one of the most frequently studied vitamins. From fighting depression and anxiety to improving eye health and risk factors for heart disease (triglycerides, LDL, cholesterol), the benefits to Omega-3’s are endless. These packets contain 180mg EPA 120mg DHA, which is right around the recommended daily value. On average, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) says Americans eat less than half of this amount, which is why supplements are important.
Heart Health Infusion Supplements:
Add a packet of Heart Health Infusion into your daily smoothie or shake and you’ve loaded up on plant sterols, 100 mg CoQ10, as well as antioxidant vitamins A, C and E.
- Plant sterols (which are derived from foods) support heart health by reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol..
- CoQ10 (an antioxidant found in virtually every cell of the body) has significant cardiovascular protective effects, according to Cardiovascular Pharmacology: Open Access. CoQ10 also helps convert food into energy and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
- Vitamins (and antioxidants) A, C and E support immunity, proper organ function, keep tissues and skin healthy, and may help prevent certain cancers as well as Alzheimer’s, Harvard Health notes.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.