5 Creative Ways to Mix Up Your South Beach MenuArticle posted in: South Beach Living
After a while, even your favorite meals can become mundane. To keep things fresh and your motivation strong, you’ve got to mix up your menu and think outside the box when it comes to toppings, sides and preparation.
Here at South Beach Diet, we strive to provide our members with a fresh and delicious menu filled with your favorite healthy meals. Eating food that you love can make reaching your health goals a breeze. If you’ve been on a diet for some time, you may find yourself getting a little tired of your most-loved entrées. We’re here to help! We came up with some new ways to mix up five of our top-rated, fully prepared meals so that you never get bored. Unleash your inner chef and get creative!
Here are five creative (and delicious) ways to mix up your South Beach Diet Menu:
Oh, the possibilities! There isn’t any craving a Grilled Chicken Sandwich can’t conquer. Just imagine how the chefs at your favorite restaurants would serve it:
- Explore Chinese flavors by adding some red cabbage, carrots and maybe even bean sprouts. Make a simple sauce from coconut aminos, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
- Think Mexican and add cheddar cheese, refried beans, shredded lettuce and onions. Fresh salsa makes a great condiment.
- Try Italian and add some roasted red peppers, fresh basil and oregano. Melt some mozzarella on top to make it extra cheesy.
- Go Mediterranean with kalamata olives, feta and creamy hummus.
This cheesy, tasty entrée can be enjoyed with so many great sides:
- Try serving over a Caesar salad. Make your own dressing with an anchovy, olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh lemon and a little Dijon mustard.
- Quinoa is a great side and can be seasoned with capers, fresh herbs and spices (think mint, cilantro, cumin and more).
- Don’t forget about seasoned spiralized zucchini, spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice as lower carb additions.
Sometimes a little extra fresh basil is just what this pie ordered. You can also get creative with these tasty tips:
- Create a meat lovers pie with turkey pepperoni, sausage and bacon.
- Try Hawaiian style with lean ham, pineapple and some fresh scallions.
- Fulfill a serving or two of veggies by adding mushrooms, sliced bell pepper, red onion, spinach and extra tomatoes.
- Have pizza for breakfast by topping your pie with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.
- Throw your pizza on the grill for a few seconds to get crispness and terrific flavor.
Cheesy, beefy and hearty. This Mexican creation is satisfying and ready-to-eat in several ways:
- Turn this dish into a fabulous, flavorful taco. Tortillas are not off limits. A small tortilla with at least three grams of fiber is considered a Good Carb.
- Serve with some Spanish rice. A half-cup of brown, basmati or wild rice are on our Good Carb list. Add some tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice to create a seasoned side. If you’re staying keto-friendly, sub in some cauliflower rice!
- Create a taco salad by serving this dish over fresh lettuce, tomatoes and bell peppers. Crisp up a tortilla in the oven and crumble it on top.
Mix up this Italian classic in a variety of delicious ways:
- Pile on some pasta as your Good Carb. Choose noodles with at least three grams of fiber. You can’t go wrong with spaghetti and meatballs.
- Create a meatball sub. Find pita bread with at least three grams of fiber and make yourself a scrumptious sandwich.
- Throw them on some pizza. Use your South Beach Garlic Cheese Flatbread as the base and crumble meatballs on top.
- Transform your meatballs into chili! With the help of this tasty entrée, you can whip it up in a hurry. Make a flavorful base with sautéed tomatoes, onions, peppers and spices.