Mug ScrambleRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Eggs for breakfast are a classic start to the day. However, sometimes our busy schedules get in the way of making a decadent omelet for breakfast. Enter this delicious and super simple Mug Scramble! Ready in minutes, making an omelet in the microwave will become your new favorite way to prepare your breakfast.
This Mug Scrambles tastes just as delicious as your favorite omelet. Packed with mouthwatering ingredients like fresh arugula, tomatoes, bell peppers and cheddar cheese, this Mug Scramble can be popped in the microwave for less than two minutes and enjoyed on your way out the door.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- ¾ cup arugula, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. tomatoes, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Add the vegetables and microwave on high for about a minute or until vegetables are soft. Drain any excess liquid from the mug when finished cooking.
- Crack the eggs into the mug. Add the almond milk and whisk well with a fork. Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Remove the mug and stir. Microwave for another 45 seconds to a minute or until your scrambled eggs are nice and set. Note: Microwave ovens may vary, so adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Top your mug with cheese, salt and pepper. Let your mug cool for about 5 minutes before eating.