COVID-19: What You Need to KnowArticle posted in: South Beach Diet
Here at South Beach Diet, the health and safety of our customers and employees are always our top priorities.
We want you to know that we are closely monitoring the situation at hand, and are taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to ensuring that our office space is regularly cleaned and sanitized, we have implemented the following safety measures:
- Non-essential employees and staff have been transitioned to work remotely for the foreseeable future
- Essential employees who are still onsite have been asked to follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) guidelines for proper handwashing and sanitation
- Non-essential travel has been cancelled or postponed
In addition, we have compiled the following FAQs to help keep you informed. We will be updating this information as the situation evolves.
Where is the food made?
- All of our Food Suppliers are located in the U.S. or Canada (23 in the U.S. and 1 in Canada).
- We are closely monitoring the situation and in frequent contact with our suppliers to ensure our products are not compromised.
If there is an outbreak in a warehouse, what will we do with the food?
- We are closely monitoring the situation and have taken preventative measures based on the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other experts. We have the responsibility of ensuring that the health and safety of our customers and employees is not compromised.
- While we cannot control the course of the virus, we have implemented robust crisis management and business continuity protocols and have taken steps internally to help our employees remain healthy, and to ensure we avoid service disruption to our customers.
Am I at risk for novel coronavirus from a packaged food?
- There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it spreads. In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with packaged goods.
- We are monitoring and will align with public health agency guidance.
How does COVID-19 impact our business hours?
- Effective March 21, 2020, we will have new hours of operation until further notice:
Sales – New Office Hours: 8-am to 10pm (Mon-Sun)
Customer Service – New Office Hours: 8-am to 8pm (Mon-Fri)
Weight Loss Counselors – New Office Hours: 8-am to 8pm (Mon-Fri)
- Please note: Our counselors are currently only available through email at firstname.lastname@example.org and through online CHAT on our website. We will resume phone counseling as quickly as possible!
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing some processing and shipping delays.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are experiencing higher than normal interest in our products. This has created some processing and shipping delays. We are committed to working as efficiently as possible to process orders timely.
We have warehouses across the country and may need to adjust locations to balance order processing. This may result in longer than usual processing time. Once your order ships from one of our warehouses, you will receive a tracking number so you can track the order arrival!
In addition, we also have compiled the following FAQs specific to our shipping delays. We will continue updating this information as shipping and processing evolves.
What is order processing?
- Order processing is the act of selecting the items for your order in our warehouse and packing the box.
What happens after the box is packed?
- Once the box is packed, it is ready for shipping! You will receive an email with a tracking number once your order reaches this step.
How can I track my order once it has shipped?
- Once your order ships, your tracking number will appear in your My Account order history > Click on the tracking number to see the progress of your order.
My order contains frozen items, should I be concerned?
- We will not process any frozen orders until they are ready to ship. If necessary, we will use extra dry ice.